Ohioans taking the Road Test – It’s not your mother’s test
Important Link to the Ohio BMV to set Appointments:
Here is a warning to Ohioans taking their road test. The state of Ohio has taken some extraordinary steps to keep everyone safe during the pandemic while still providing their very important services. This means that the road test examiner will not be getting in the vehicle with you. The person you came with will be in the vehicle with you to abide by the law that requires you to have a licensed driver next to you while driving with your Temps.
The examiner will give you verbal instructions on what you are to do on the course. You will not be driving on the roads. They have set up a testing course using cones at the locations. After the examiner gives you the instructions, you are not allowed to talk to your passenger. You must listen to their instructions and follow them to the letter.
It’s a bummer, but a lot of people are not passing the test because they didn’t know this coming in. It is stressful enough doing it the way they have for decades but this new twist has been catching people off guard, making them extra nervous, and making the instructions difficult to remember. So if you have practiced remembering instructions like that you will be a lot more successful. So what I highly suggest is that you incorporate this into your driving practice. Have your licensed driver give you a set of instructions you need to follow in a parking lot. The longer the list, the more it will tax your short term memory. Your memory is like a muscle, the more you work it, the better it gets. But like muscle, it isn’t instant. You need to work at it. That is why you need to practice.
All of the Information found below is from the state of Ohio website.
DRIVER EXAMINATION STATION SKILLS TESTING RESUMES
To schedule your driving skills test, please call 877-439-8378 . Please be advised that the BMV anticipates heavy call volume for scheduling and appreciates your patience.
ALL DX locations still offer the maneuverability test, with only some of those locations offering both maneuverability and the modified in-car testing. Please be advised that the person taking the skills test must be accompanied by an adult licensed driver in the passenger seat for the entirety of the skills test, but that no additional passengers may be in the vehicle during the test. The following driver examination stations have resumed skills testing by appointment only:
- 1002 E. State St., STE 20, Athens, 45701
- 3701 Tytus Ave. Middletown, 45042
- 1720 S. Erie Hwy. STE B, Hamilton, 45011
- 6420 Mayfield Rd., Mayfield Heights, 44124
- 22133 Rockside Rd., Bedford, 44146
- 12000 Snow Rd., STE 16, Parma 44130
- 2079 US 23 N STE 3, Delaware, 43015
- 980 Liberty Dr., Lancaster, 43130
- 990 Morse Rd., STE B, Columbus, 43229
- 1583 Alum Creek Dr., Columbus, 43209
- 4738 Cemetery Rd., Hilliard, 43026
- 601 Ledbetter Dr. STE C, Xenia, 45385
- 10940 Hamilton Ave., Cincinnati, 45231
- 8210 County Rd. 140, STE C, Findlay, 45840
- 142 Cleveland Rd., Norwalk, 44857
- 502 McCarty Lane, STE 3, Jackson, 45640
- 873 E. Main St., Newark, 43055
- 4458 Heatherdowns Blvd., Toledo, 43614
- 417 E. Main St., Canfield, 44406
- 222 W. Center St., Marion, 43302
- 6134 Chambersburg Rd., Huber Heights, 45424
- 2324 June Parkway, Zanesville, 43701
- 2012 W. 4th St., Ontario, 44906
- 500 W. State St., STE E, Fremont, 43420
- 3980 Rhodes Ave., Rm. 18, New Boston, 45662
- 3195 Whitewood St., North Canton, 44720
- 21 5th St. SE, Barberton, 44203
- 5555 Youngstown Warren Rd. #203, Niles, 44446
- 1260 Monroe St. NW STE 9E, New Philidelphia, 44663
- 142 Gross St., STE B, Marietta, 45750
- 1616 E. Wooster St., STE 27, Bowling Green, 43402