Proof That You Completed the Requirements
How do I prove that I took the 4-hr course?
After you have completed the 4-hr Abbreviated Adult Course, you will get a Certificate of Completion sent to you by mail. No school is able to provide the certificate to you electronically.
If you haven’t already, be sure to register for Too Cool Traffic School’s Abbreviated Adult Course to get your certificate delivered promptly.
- Certificates mailed Monday-Friday
- All students receive a FREE tracking number
- Affordable shipping upgrades
How do I prove that I did the behind-the-wheel practice?
- If you did behind-the-wheel practice with a family member or friend, you should download and print the 24 Hour Affidavit and have it notarized. Notaries are available for free at most banks and many libraries. You can view a map of the specific libraries in Ohio that offer free notary services here.
- If you practiced with a licensed driving instructor, the school should have provided you with the document that you need as proof.
Once you have proof of the education and behind-the-wheel training, you can go the BMV to retake your test.
Retaking the Test at the BMV
Do I need an appointment to retake my test?
Yes! Be sure to schedule it in advance since the BMV schedule fills up quickly. However, you need to make sure that you will have enough time to take the 4-hr course and get the certificate of completion in the mail AND complete your behind-the-wheel practice.
Will I have to go through this whole process again if I fail the test on my next try?
No! Once you go through all of this once, you won’t need to do it again. In the event that you don’t pass it on your next attempt, the clerk at the BMV will tell you when you can come back in for a re-test. You should just make sure not to lose proof of your completion of the course and behind-the-wheel practice that you did.